Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Jehovah's Cometh Back

In the past I've had some visits from the Jehovah's Witnesses. I blogged the last visit back in April, titled An Interesting talk with the Jehovah's Witnesses. To cut that longer story short, I gave them a rather strong but friendly introduction to why their beliefs are nonsense and the two very pleasant ladies promised to send reinforcements. Reinforcements just arrived! Yippee!

Now, even more than I enjoy blogging about religious insanity I enjoy exploring it face to face with the insane. I see it as a great opportunity to try and broaden their horizons and a it's also a great opportunity for me. I learn a lot about how religious people think or avoid thinking. It also motivates me to improve my memory and make my arguments more precise.

A few minutes ago a lone Jehovah's Witness came to my door. He told me that he's come to follow up from the conversation the other two women had started. I wanted to talk with him, but Saturday morning is not the best of times to interrupt the sort of atheist that does all the things that atheists feel absolutely morally free to do on a Friday night. He's going to be a little uncomfortable anyway so it seemed cruel to invite him in before cleaning up the wreckage that I and my godless friends had caused the night before. The half naked woman asleep on my sofa, the marijuana on the table and the quantity of empty bottles strewn around might have put him off. Being half naked myself and probably wreaking of the last three bars/clubs I had finally exited 5 hours earlier already seemed to be a little unsettling for him. He's going to come back another time during the week.

Now, last time I wrote about the Jehovah's I had some pretty good feedback. There are a lot of people who don't like the Jehovah's, often through direct experience, having lost their families to this particular cult. Once again the offer is on the table to everyone in internet land to send me the questions you'd like me to ask. I'm going to keep notes and I promise to post a full report here.

Happy Saturday everyone - peace =) Maybe I'll write some more when I've woken up.

If you enjoyed this article please feel free to digg it down below.

2 comments:

Tommykey said...

Y-you h-have m-m-m-marijuana?

Can I come over some time? Between my job and my kids, I think I could use a few tokes of the divine weed!

chooseDoubt said...

You're welcome any time Tommy. Over here in Spain there's absolutely no issue with growing your own for personal use on your own property. I smoke pretty much anywhere and aside from being told by the police to go home and smoke once, I've never had a problem. There's two grow shops within a 30 second walk from my front door.

I feel sorry for you guys in the States where legally it can be such a big deal. Everyone can have guns but no one can have a cheerful toke! Yep, that makes sense.

You may be able to get salvia divinorum legally where you are. It's not yet a scheduled substance - you can buy it over the counter in the UK. You might find that to be an interesting and legally safe alternative.

Personally, I'd just go with cautiously breaking the law. It's a very very very stupid law. Well, the whole war on drugs is absurd but I'll not get started ...

Anyway, if you're ever in Spain come over and smoke the peace chillum. I got a very nice one in India that remains much enjoyed. Best 40 Rupees I ever spent :)

I must admit I'm tempted to see what bullshit story I could come up with the get the Jehovah's guy to smoke it with me next week. Now that would be worth a blog post.