Monday, July 02, 2007

The blogalogues are coming!

As I've said far too many times, I'm not writing much at the moment. There are loads of good reasons for this, mostly to do with enjoying the absolute lack of any demands on my time, but one of the key reasons is also that I just don't have anything to say. That's not entirely true since it's really that I just don't feel motivated to say anything. I'm seeing the nonsense in the news and other events and I want to respond but there just seem to be better things I can do with my time.

To get around this I've leapt on an opportunity provided by Rhology. Rhology has left a few comments on an earlier post that lead me to suspect he was heading towards a debate claiming the necessity of a god for morality. This is a very interesting topic and one I think is well worth a proper debate, and so I have invited Rhology to join me in a blogalogue. Rhology has accepted the invitation and intends to kick things off with the first post in around 10 days.

I'm hoping that this is going to be an interesting discussion. In the comments that Rhology has so far left I've got the impression that he's keeping the gloves on somewhat and so I'm looking forward to a more open exchange. I'm sure that a debate will get me writing again at the very least.

I've also been tagged which I'll get around to later. I'm not a great fan of tags since most of them are little more than chain letters but I'll take a look at this one later and see what I think.

If you enjoyed this article please feel free to digg it down below.

2 comments:

Rhology said...

Choosedoubt,

It sounds like we'll have a good time, and yes, I don't intend to take the gloves off in terms of being nasty. And you have yourself been quite conciliatory and personable, which is appreciated. I think this could be really fun and interesting.

Rhology has left a few comments on an earlier post that lead me to suspect he was heading towards a debate claiming the necessity of a god for morality.

More or less, yes, and I agree w/ you - it's worth discussing. One reservation that I intend to work out both over email w/ you and also in my 'opening statement' is that I would claim that God is a necessary basis for an objective morality.
So, talk to you soon.
Peace,
Rhology

chooseDoubt said...

Hi Rhology,

I'm looking forward to your opening statement. Until then I'm going to resist the urge to say anything at all about morality, objective or otherwise.

All the best,

CD